In yesterday’s post I talked about my short term goals and my current frame of mind regarding time. The short term is anytime between this moment and my departure from Korea in four months. Everything after that is the long term, as I haven’t a clue where the road will take me. Nonetheless, there are a few things I know I’d like to do in the next few years. Some are goals I’ve had for a long time while others are newly budded, beginning to blossom in my heart and soul.
Long term goals:
- Run a half-marathon (and train for it!). In the past, this goal was a marathon, but unrelenting running injuries will make that all but impossible. A half-marathon is totally possible and won’t leave me crippled. Perhaps next summer my window of opportunity will arrive…
- Work on and improve my photography enough to exhibit it at one of my favorite local coffee shops.
- Re-learn French. My knowledge has slowly leaked away but snippets of it come back and my language learning muscles are ready to learn again.
- Return to France, this time with A, and enjoy our time there thoroughly and completely.
- Learn how to make coffee-shop style coffee.
- Plant a garden. It doesn’t have to be big, but enough to grow delicious vegetables!
- Work hard towards a job that is fulfilling creatively, morally and intellectually, but be flexible in making this possible.
- Continue improving stress management.
- Write for fun, no matter how busy life becomes.