As the saying goes, when it rains, it pours. This is true for both beautiful happenings and those rather unpleasant ones. Thankfully, today it is wonderfulness that is pouring (as well as actual rain) in the form of three very kind nominations for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Romeo, Charity and Angelique for your nominations. I am super psyched to be nominated again and answer your awesome questions.
Here are the basic steps for the award:
- Thank the nominating blogger(s)
- Give 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions he or she asks
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award, preferably bloggers with fewer than 500 followers
- Ask these bloggers 11 questions
- Let these bloggers know that you’ve nominated them
Because this is a three-time nomination post, I am going to try to put some things together for the sake of time so as to pass along the nomination baton more quickly. Thus, we shall commence!
1. Giving Thanks
Thank you again to Romeo, Charity and Angelique. I am so glad that we have connected and I love reading your blogs. You all have such great perspectives on life, wonderful writing voices and so many interesting posts. Thank you, thank you. It is an honor to be nominated by such great bloggers.
2. Eleven facts about me
- The longest I have ever lived away from my hometown is 7 months, as of yesterday
- Growing up, my little brother had pet hissing Madagascan cockroaches (dozens of them)
- I am terrified of cows and I do not get along with farm animals in the least
- I have been a vegetarian since I was 16 years old
- My first solo trip across the world was to Karanga, Tanzania three weeks before my 19th birthday
- I met my significant other on that trip and we spent the following 4 years dating long distance across the United States
- Oceans freak me out because they seem to never end (where is the mountainous horizon?!)
- I did not really learn how to read until I was 12 years old
- My parents are divorced and my dad has remarried
- Despite the divorce, my parents (all three) get along wonderfully and we usually spend holidays together
- Folk is my favorite genre of music
3. Questions from my nominators
Beach-side or river-side?
River-side, for sure! Rivers are far more peaceful I think because beaches tend to be a bit to crowded for my taste.
You’re stuck on an island with a box – what’s inside the box?
Hopefully tons of sunscreen and a collection of good books! I’m rather fair skinned and burn at the slightest hint of sunshine, it seems. But, if I have to pick one or the other, I would pick books as boredom is something I just can’t handle.
Do you regret your first kiss?
No, not at all. It was awkward, to be sure, but worth it. It was right before the state cross country meet and filled me with such a high that I had an amazing race.
Have you ever been in love?
Yes! I fell in love in less than two weeks and that love is still there almost five years later, binding us together as we wander through life’s adventures.
If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors?
I would use scissors to cut a length of ribbon from a spool to tie around the pizza box before delivering it in its gift-like glory (this is something that happens in Korea all the time and I like the gesture).
Do you believe in Bigfoot?
Yes! The world is full of strange, wonderful things, so why not Bigfoot?
If you had to choose one candy to describe your personality, what would it be, and why? (note: I am not asking for your favorite kind of candy. I am asking for a type of candy that represents your personality.)
I would probably be Pop Rocks, as I find Pop Rocks to be a really weird candy and more than one person has said the same of me (the weird part, not the candy part). And, like Pop Rocks I am prone to making random noise just because I can.
Of my blog posts that you’ve read, which one is your favorite?
I really like all of your posts. One of your recent ones made me laugh and that was In Which My Socks Need Marriage Counseling.
What would you do if you only have 24 hours left to live?
With only 24 hours left to live I would do yoga, take a super long run, come home and take a bath, then eat as much chocolate, ice cream, pizza and smoothies as I possibly could.
What is your most prized piece of knowledge?
My most prized piece of knowledge is that no matter how hard a situation is, it is always possible to overcome it- you just can’t give up or give in.
What will you be doing the day pigs fly?
I’ll be doing math problems for the rest of my life.
What were you in your previous life?
Without a doubt, I was a squirrel in my previous life.
4. My nominees
- Just a piece of Afrika
- In the Life of Sara Sandoval
- Remind Your Mind
- Mostly True Stories of K. Renae P.
- Millie Anne Lowe
- Bob and Emily
5. My eleven questions
- What is your favorite subject to photograph/write about?
- What is the best book you’ve read in the last year?
- Cats or dogs or…?- which one is the better companion for you?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- Toes socks-good or bad?
- How many languages do you speak?
- What is your favorite part of humanity?
- Oreos- original or double stuffed?
- What is your favorite season?
- Best part of doing the Liebster award?
To my nominators, thank you again. And, to my nominees, have fun!